Kashmiri chai is a very special and favourite tea for pakistani’s. We made simple and taste at home. I have tried to give a detailed step by step so you can make it on the first try. Now today we will help you to how to make Kashmiri chai in your home. so we should start with the name of Allah. you can also try this recipe Aloo chana Chat.
Kashmiri Chai Recipe (Pink Tea)
- 2 cup water
- 3 tbsp kashmiri tea leaves
- 9 green cardamom crushed ( choti elaichi)
- 3 inch cinnamon broken into chip (dal cheeni)
- ¼ to ½ teasp salt
- ⅛- 1⁄4 teasp baking soda (khane ka soda)
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 to 4 tbsp sugar (cheeni),( optional, since sugar is not added in Kashmiri tea but some non kashmiri people like it sweet.)
- 2 cup milk for strong or 3 cup milk for light
- ½ cup cream optional
- 1 tbsp grounded pistachios (pista), optional
- 1 tbsp grounded almonds (badaam), optional
- * For authentic taste and aroma use Kashmiri tea. If not available use pure green tea leaves can also be used.
Other variations ( in some regions these ingredients are also added)
- 4 jasmine flowers (chambeli)
- 1 star anise (badyaan phool)
- 4 cloves laung
- In a wide based skillet, take water, Kashmiri tea leaves, salt and cardamom, cinnamon.
- Bring it boil and let it boil for a minute. Now add baking soda.
- Cook more till you get deep red color and water is reduced to half. (20-30 minutes)
- Add ice cold water in boiling hot tea. Mix well for 1 minutes.
- Kehwa is ready. You can strain, cool and store in fridge for 3-4 days.
- When making tea add milk, sugar (if using) and powdered dry fruits to kehwa.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and serve. Garnish with more nuts.
Kashmiri chai Caffeteria, Kashmiri chai restaurents, Kashmiri chai foodpanda, Kashmiri chai Dhaba,Kashmiri chai Lahore lakshmi choke, Kashmiri chai Karachi.