Lahori Chicken Chargha Recipe
One of the favourite dishes of pakistanis is Lahori Chicken Chargha. Lahori Chicken Chargha in there restaurants,Lahori Chicken Chargha is the most spicy dish, now today we will help you to how to make Lahori Chicken Chargha in your home. You might also like my “Gajar ka halwa with khoya”
Lahori Chicken Chargha
- 1 skinless whole chicken about 1kg - 1.25 kg
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder or paprika for color
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- 2 teasp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes or chilli powder
- ½ teasp garam masala optional
- ½ teasp turmeric powder
- ½ teasp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 teasp chat masala more to sprinkle
- 1 teasp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ¼ teasp zarda color optional
- oil to fry
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salad leaves
- Green chutney
- Onion slices
- Garlic raita
- French fries or Batata harra
- Spicy ketchup
- Wash and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Place deep letter V- shapes cuts on the chicken breast with a sharp knife. Similarly, place 1-2 deep cuts on the leg pieces. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredient listed under charga marinade in bowl. This marinade is enough for 1-1.25 kg chicken.
- Take marinade in your hand and apply it all over the chicken. Wear gloves to avoid spice burns. Also tie the legs of the chicken with a cotton thread.
- Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours on the counter in a cool place or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Then place the chicken in the steamer. Make sure the water level is at least ½ inch below the steaming plate. Place the lid tightly and steam for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is tender. Remove chicken from steamer and set aside.
Fry Chicken chargha
- Before frying the chicken, prepare the platter with fried or baked potatoes, fresh veggies and green chutney, and garlic dip.
- Fill a non-stick wok with 2-3 inches of oil. Heat the oil on a medium-high flame and place the steamed charga in it. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until the chargha is throughly heated and golden. Turn and remove the chicken with help of two tongs.
- Place the crispy fried chicken on the platter. Pour lemon juice and sprinkle chaat masala and serve.
Lahori Chicken Chargha
Lahori Chicken Chargha Street Food, Lahori Chicken Chargha SooperChef, Lahori Chargha food fusion, Lahori Chicken Chargha Rawalpindi, Lahori Chicken Chargha restaurents, Lahori Chicken Chargha foodpanda, Lahori Chicken Chargha lahore, Lahori Chicken Chargha karachi, Lahori Chicken Chargha Islamabad.