Chicken Karahi Recipe
Chicken karahi is tha most delicious & famous dish in Pakistan, there is massive amount of people in this business they selling in there shops Chicken karahi and restaurants, Chicken karahi is the most spicy karahi, now today we will help you to how to make Chicken karahi in your home. so we should start with the name of Allah. You might also like my Chicken Yakhni Pulao
Pakistani Chicken Karahi Recipe
- ½ kg chicken cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small (100 gram) onion very finely chopped
- ½ tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder or paprika for red color
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp dry fenugreek leaves optional (kasuri meethi)
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder optional
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder freshly grounded
- ½ tsp red chilli (skip red chilli if you like less spicy food)
- 3 tomato sliced or pureed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter optional
- 1½ piece ginger thickly grated
- 2 medium chillies
- 1 lemon sliced in wedges
- Heat oil in a wok, add chicken, salt, and pepper. Fry for 3 minutes until color changes. Then remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same oil, add onions and cook for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Next, fry spices for a minute until it sizzles.
- Now mix in tomatoes and salt. Cook on high for 3-5 minutes until oil separates.
- Add chicken to the gravy and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is tender. (Add ¼ cup water, if required).
- Add 1 tablespoon butter (if using) chilies and ginger. Cover the karahi for a few minutes to let the chillies soften. Chicken Karahi is ready. Garnish and serve.
Chicken Karahi dhaba, Chicken Karahi restaurents, Lahori Chicken Karahi, Chicken Karahi foodpanda, Chicken Karahi faislabad, Chicken Karahi islamabad foodpanda.