Cinnamon tea is a herbal tea made by infusing cinnamon bark in water. Cinnamon tea is a powerful beverage. It’s filled with antioxidants and offers several health benefits, including reduced inflammation and blood sugar levels, improved heart health, and perhaps even weight loss. Cinnamon tea may also fight off infections and reduce PMS and menstrual cramps. You might also like my White Chicken Korma Curry
- 3 cup water
- 1 6 inch cinnamon sticks see notes
- 2 tbsp honey or other sweeter of choice to taste
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
Other optional additives
- ½ tsp black tea or 1 tea bag
- 1 tsp green tea to tea bags
- 4 - cardamoms
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 45 mint leaves
- Just take cinnamon sticks and water in a kettle and bring it to boil. (Also add ginger or cardamon, if using.)
- Then reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the color of water darkens to reddish brown.
- Remove the sticks and then add honey.
- Strain the tea and serve with few drops of lemon juice
To make cinnamon green tea:
- Add green tea to the kettle when the color of water has darkened enough. Cover the kettle and turn off the heat. Let it brew for 3-5 minutes. Then serve with honey and lemon.
To make cinnamon black tea:
- Add black tea when the color of cinnamon tea has darkened. Simmer for 1 minute and then serve with honey and lemon juice.
- Enjoy it hot or store in the fridge and have it cold.