Sometimes a bit of color is all that you need to make your food more appealing. This Kashmiri chicken recipe loaded with the rich red color of tomatoes is enough to create a stunning presentation on your dinner table. Just garnish it with some fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves and serve. You might also like my sarson ka saag
You will also like: Keema Naan Recipe
- 500 g chicken pieces
- 4 to 5 whole Kashmiri red chilies
- ¼ cup raisin
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp black seeds
- 2 twigs curry leaves optional but recommended.
- 3-4 round red chilies (sabut gol mirch)
Make Kashmiri Paste
- Break Kashmiri chili into small pieces and grind it to powder. Soak Kashmiri lal mirch powder for 5 minutes in ¼ cup boiling hot water to bring out that vibrant red color.
- Soak raisins for 5 minutes in boiling hot water to make them soft. Discard the water.
- Blend soaked Kashmiri chili, garlic, soaked raisin, cumin, and yogurt together until you have a smooth paste. This will take some time about 2 minutes.
- Marinate chicken in kashmiri paste for 10 minutes in the paste.
- Stir fry chicken for 2 minutes on high heat. Then cover and cook the chicken on medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender. Add ¼ cup water if needed.
- For tempering, heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves, cumin seeds, round chilies, mustard seeds, and kalonji (black seeds). Cook for a minute. Now add the tempering to the chicken and cover it to let the aroma infuse in the chicken very well.
- Cook Chicken until it reaches desired consitency then serve.
Kashmiri Chicken shops, Kashmiri Chicken restaurents, Kashmiri Chicken foodpanda, Kashmiri Chicken Kashmir, Kashmiri Chicken foodpanda islamabad, Kashmiri Chicken foodpanda lahore, Kashmiri Chicken karachi.